Awards Entry Masterclass & Lunch
12pm - 2.30pm on Thursday 28 June 2018 at Morningside Arena, Leicester
If you’re entering the Awards and want to finetune your entry before submission, or you’ve never entered and find it a daunting prospect, why not join us for our free Masterclass and lunch!
The session will also include top tips for the judging day, so if you’ve already entered then there will still be plenty for you to take away to help you maximise your chances of success.
As well as advice from the Awards Team, you’ll hear the entrant’s perspective from our one of our previous winners as well as insights from one of our independent family business judges.
What we’ll cover
The key areas that we will cover during the interactive session will be:
- Choosing the right category – and checking the criteria
- Planning and preparation – gathering the right information from the right people
- Ticking all the boxes – ensuring you provide all the information required
- Telling a story – how to engage with the reader and make your entry come to life
- Know your audience – how judges read awards and what catches their eye
- What not to do – avoid the common pitfalls, understand what works and what doesn’t
- The Interview – making the most of your interview with the judges
The timings for the Masterclass are detailed below:
12:00 Registration & Lunch
12.45 Awards Masterclass
14.15 Q & A
Booking your place
Places are limited so please RSVP as soon as possible. To confirm your place simply email Ped Briggs at [email protected] and we will provide confirmation of your booking.
The Masterclass is free to attend, but places are limited to 2 per family business.
As places are limited we reserve the right to charge a £25 fee that will be donated to our Awards charities for any delegates that confirm a place and do not attend the event. Places can be cancelled free of charge until 5pm Monday 25 June, these will then be offered to the reserve list.
See you again in 2022!
The Awards launch for their second decade in Summer 2022 - see you then!